We aim to create a safe environment for staff and for guests as the hotels re-open. We have created Covid 19 relevant risk assessments for the operation of our hotels. These will be distributed to staff or made available to read in hard copy.
- We will give training to all staff prior to re-opening the hotels.
- All staff must complete a questionnaire on Tanda prior to return to work – a link will be sent out for Amersham employees – Cotswolds employees will complete a form.
- Daily temperature checks will be done as staff arrive for work.
- We have amended our cleaning procedures in line with recommendations from Food Alert, our advisory company.
- We have invested in PPE and installed sanitizer dispensers and sneeze screens.
- We have re-arranged furniture to enable better social distancing and will have signage reminding guests to also observe social distancing. We have increased seating availability outside.
- All our staff must take care and responsibility for their well-being and report to us and then isolate if they have come into contact with someone who develops Covid 19.
- Where possible we will arrange for staff to work in fixed teams to limit cross exposure to greater numbers.
In the event of Covid 19 being found at a hotel, either due to guest or staff, relevant areas will be deep cleaned, at risk staff isolated for 14 days. This is a notifiable disease under RIDDOR.
- If a guest has the symptoms and needs to remain at the hotel, they will be isolated in their room with rooms service deliveries, fresh linen etc. being dropped at their door. Any soiled linen will be bagged separately by staff wearing protective clothing and be stored separately for 3 days before being returned to the laundry. All dirty linen will be stored away from clean in a cage outside. After departure the room will be left empty for 3 days, then deep cleaned with Covid killing sanitation. Staff that have been in close contact with the guest will be sent home to start a 14 day isolation. Likewise, if a member of staff displays symptoms, they will be sent home and any staff they have had close contact with will be asked to go into a 14 day isolation period. The work area will immediately be deep cleaned.